- Bachelor in physics
- Worked for 14 months at Cern
- Currently doing Master thesis in particle physics
- Been member of several online project groups
- Was private teacher in mathematics and natural sciences
- Organization experience: 3 years member in IAESTE, where I was deputy leader
- Experience with 3D graphics. Worked on commercials and advertising material.
I have a general knowledge of physics, covering anything from 101-level mechanics to quantum mechanics. I also know some electronics. I've had a few projects where this was required, such as building a coilgun, an LED cube, and my Bachelor project, which entailed designing and building a geothermal borehole temperature and radiation probe.
During my time at CERN, I worked on the protection scheme for the superconducting magnets. This mainly meant creating data acquisition, analysis, and display programs in Labview, which I became particularly proficient in. I also debugged firmware, did research on current sensors, and drank a lot of coffee. But most important for this project, I got into the mindset of safety and redundancy.
I have experience in arranging and holding meetings, from being a long-time member of IAESTE. I've written more reports and meeting agendas than I can count. In addition, I have been in a few strictly-online project groups, and seen how it should not be done.
Affiliations and responsibilities
Contact and aliases
I may be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org. I go by Pinks on Slack, and Pinks1 on Wikia.
Time Zone: UTC+2. Available on Slack at all hours I'm awake.